in search of a healthier me...pt 6

It's been awhile since I've posted about my search for a healthier me and I'm happy to report that I have continued to exercise regularly and try to eat better.   I've lost a total of 28 pounds since starting this adventure 16 months ago.   I feel great and I think that's more important to me than any number.

I have continued using the EA Sports More Workouts (and would recommend it to everyone) and this weekend, I added the 'couch to 5K (C25K)' plan to my workout.   I am utilizing the "get running" app to help me reach my goal of being able to run a 5K.   I haven't signed up for any race ....I just want to see if I can do it.  

I've completed two of the workouts and was pleasantly surprised at how easy they seemed.   Basically, for the first week, you start out running for 1 minute and walking for 1.5 minutes.   You repeat this 8 times during the workout.    Each week, you increase the amount of time you spend running and decrease the walking time.  By the end of 9 weeks, you should be able to run for 30 minutes.

I'll keep you posted...

1 comment:

  1. Cool. 28 pounds is excellent! Of course, as you say, how you feel is more important.

    ReplyDelete