about this blogging thing


so...i've been blogging for awhile....mostly to keep family and friends who live far away updated on our super-exciting, can't-miss-a-minute-of-it lives. but i also write because i like to go back and see what was going on a year or two ago. ocassionally older posts help me put a current struggle into perspective or just cause me to praise God for His provision and love.


i've also discovered that there are many folks out there who have fun, unique, incredible talents and i've enjoyed sharing their trials and triumphs with them. i do have to admit that i'm slightly envious of those of you who can paint such wonderful pictures with words and whose photograhy skills are crazy good.


i'm amazed at the openness of my blogging buddies. their willingness to share their hearts has touched me in ways that i feel inadequate to describe. my family laughs at me when i sit at the computer crying and rejoicing while reading your blogs. and then they smile when i stop to pray for the writers who seem to really be struggling with life right now.


so this is my thank you to those who make browsing blogs such a great past-time and to those who have taken the time to read my small offering to the blogging world.


and then all this made me wonder (and this is when i invite the lurkers to join in the fun) -- why do you blog? what blogger is your favorite? do you feel like you are letting folks down if you don't blog everyday? do you write for your readers or for yourself? do you hate when someone asks you a million questions? where do you get the inspiration for your blogs?

5 comments:

  1. Well, I can tell you that I do tend to feel guilty if I don't blog at least a couple of times a week. So many nice folks give me compliments and whatnot, I feel as though I'm letting them down.

    I love all of the bloggers who I have linked or who I otherwise follow, but my favorite is listed on my sidebar under the heading "The Best Writer On The Internet" and I've never had reason to change that opinion. He is Magazine Man from Somewhere On The Masthead. Great talent, and always worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mainly do it for entertainment and to blow off steam... which is why my family knows nothing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write for myself and others. I'm good like dat. :) One of my favorite blogs (besides ol' Suldog's) is June Cleaver Nirvana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do it, because there's too much going on up in my head. I have to write it down somewhere and hey if it entertains someone, then I'm cool with that. I love your blog Jill 'cuz ya crack me up like a crack-junkies pipe! I also love The Girl Can't Help It! Funniest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to comment on this post for like a week, but I couldn't figure out why I blog, other than I'm sort of addicted to it. I actually ask myself why I blog everyday. The answer isn't always the same. But I don't know, it feels sort of like a secret club to me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete