stupid pool pump

i'm married to a pack rat and i'm massively anti-clutter. he saves everything and i throw everything away. it's an interesting marriage, but we make it work. recently, i was excited that he started cleaning out the barn -- no nagging, just spontaneous cleaning. woohoo!


a few years ago HomeBase went out of business and had an extreme clearance sale. Hubby bought all sorts of things that he might need some day. I bit my tongue and stacked the stuff at the back of the barn.


our pool pump died this morning. $499 to replace it! ugh! so much for tiling the bathroom this week. Clean pool is more important than replacing the carpet in the bathroom. *le sigh*


Hubby shows up at the house with two (count them, TWO!) pool pumps in thrashed, very dusty boxes. You guess it! He had purchased them for $5 each at the HomeBase clearance sale. AND...one of them fits exactly. AND...it actually works!


and, so while I'm excited to have saved $499, I'm not exactly thrilled to have his pack rat tendencies reinforced. He'll never finish cleaning up the barn now.


i'll choose to file this under a blessing.....but that might change if the barn starts overflowing into other storage areas. *grin*

9 comments:

  1. My husband is a bit of a pack rat too. In fact, we have two storage units, and they are mostly for his stuff. Drives me crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when that kind of stuff happens! Too bad it doesn't happen every once in a while tho. Never fails--once you get rid of something you're sorry that you did--us packrats are at least! LOL

    Your sweater might be appropriate today after all.....weatherbug forecasts a high of 69 today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack---the 2nd sentence in my post was sposed to read, "Too bad it doesn't happen more than every once in a while tho..."

    This is what I get for trying to operate on just one cup of coffee! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA!!! Justification for us pack rats!!lol Now, see? If you'd cleaned all that out and thrown it away, it would have cost you $499! Sorry, when I see a pack rat succeed, it's exciting.. since we have SUCH a bad rep..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love a bargain? now you can get your tile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, but I'm glad you had TWO different pump sizes on hand. :) Hey, love the new "might enjoy this" widget!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @angie: isn't it a fun widget? i saw it on a couple of blogs last night and just had to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm coming over from Blog Stalkers Unite, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight I believe. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspopt.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great story. I am glad the pool was saved! And at such a bargain.

    ReplyDelete